February 26, 2018
Foley Hoag seeks an Infrastructure Engineer to be responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, networks and overall operation and maintenance of the data center. This role works closely with the Infrastructure Manager, IT Director, Network Engineer, IT Support staff and vendors to provide support and expert input regarding the infrastructure functions and capabilities.
- Provision, configure and maintain storage, compute, and networking resources for IT and firm initiatives.
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the firm’s operating environment.
- Maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure.
- Monitor the operating environments; respond to incidents, problems and planning for growth.
- Deploy the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of PC/server operating systems, networks, and related utilities and hardware.
- Troubleshoot problems as reported by users, supporting Web access and electronic messaging services and maintaining a secure systems environment.
- Provide infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth, install new servers and maintain the infrastructure.
- Analyze available datasets for potential security or performance issues with firm platforms.
- Design, maintain, test, and upgrade high availability, disaster recovery, and/or business continuity solutions for firm systems and services.
- Managing assigned projects and tasks to deliver services in accordance with established objectives and timelines.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Any other duties as assigned by manager.
- 4+ years of proven hands-on network or systems administration experience.
- Administration and maintenance of at least 1 SAN or NAS storage platform with transferrable experience.
- Solid understanding of LAN and WAN fundamentals.
- vSphere datacenter and cluster administration.
- Windows Server Operating Systems (2008+).
- Strong understanding of Microsoft network services (ADDS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, etc.).
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in an IT field, or equivalent experience.
Preferred Skills or Certifications
- Experience working in legal environments
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager
- Cisco Unified Computing System
- Citrix Xen Platform (7+)
- Citrix Netscaler
- Palo Alto Networks
- Opentext Hummingbird
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.