Junior Staff Accountant
June 22, 2017
Foley Hoag seeks a highly motivated and responsible individual to assist the staff accountants with bank and general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries, intercompany transactions and similar responsibilities, for both domestic and international offices. Some accounts payable, accounts receivable processing and cross-training will also be required.
- Accounting for Paris office includes recording expenses and monthly payroll entries, applying cash receipts and reviewing invoices for accuracy, reconciling intercompany transactions, reviewing and reconciling Financial Statement entries received from Paris, accounting liaison between Paris and U.S. office
- Monthly bank reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations for both U.S. and Paris offices and resolving any reconciling items
- Weekly system balancing and daily updates on bank balances and outstanding checks
- Prepares monthly accrual entries, foreign exchange gain/loss calculations and cash flow statement
- Fixed Asset Management and preparing capital expenditure analysis for IT and Facilities
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Assist with various monthly and ad hoc financial analysis, preparation of monthly financial statements, bank compliance, property tax filings as well as interim and annual audit preparation
- Other assignments include credit applications, bank forms, surveys, research, and assisting with domestic cash applications when necessary, documenting processes and implementing process improvements
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience in Accounting (professional services)
- Experience in Elite a plus
- Detail oriented, very good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player with excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- PC proficiency including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to multi-task; deadline oriented
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.