Legal Administrative Assistant - Licensing & Strategic Alliances, Business
January 3, 2018
Foley Hoag seeks an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to support a Partner, Chair of the firm's Licensing & Strategic Alliances Practice Group, whose practice involves high profile Intellectual Property matters, and to support a Partner in the Business Department.
- Provide quality, timely work product; type, prepare correspondence, memoranda and PowerPoint presentations. Must be familiar with formatting complex legal documents, including tables of content, and have ability to draft correspondence.
- Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls to and from clients or client-related representatives, as well as Foley Hoag personnel, in a professional manner.
- Present a professional and positive image within the firm as well as with outside contacts.
- Maintain busy calendar, including the scheduling and re-scheduling of appointments and large-scale meetings.
- Make travel arrangements (including international) as directed.
- Maintain voluminous contacts in Outlook.
- Handle complex billing, billing correspondence and client monthly billing.
- Complete daily diary entries, and prepare all materials related to the firm’s billing and marketing processes in an efficient, timely manner.
- Complete photocopying, faxes, pdfs and e-filings with the courts as directed.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system, including chronological filing, docketing, diary filing, case filing and billing filing.
- Organize Practice Group monthly meetings and training.
- Support marketing efforts, including arranging participation in panels, conferences and partnering meetings.
- Provide assistance to legal administrative assistants and lawyers in surrounding areas as needed and as time permits.
- Perform any and all other related office duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years of secretarial experience.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced Microsoft (2010) Word, Outlook, Excel, InterAction and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels.
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.