Legal Administrative Assistant - New York
April 9, 2018
Foley Hoag seeks a Legal Administrative Assistant in its New York office to provide legal and administrative secretarial support to lawyers and/or paralegals, and coordinate activities with multiple areas within the firm to meet clients’ needs.
- Provide quality, timely work product. Type, prepare, revise and process a variety of documents including court documents, correspondence and memos. Must be familiar with formatting legal pleadings, have ability to draft correspondence, and competency in proofreading correspondence, memos and pleadings.
- Complete daily diary entries/timekeeper records to meet firm deadlines.
- Handle extensive billing and billing correspondence for multiple partners’ practices, including attention to client billing guidelines, review and editing of pro formas, and new matter opening administration.
- Familiarity with legal procedures of the practice area(s) in which one is working (in this position, Litigation and possibly Corporate). Must be familiar with corporate documents and corporate record keeping.
- Produce spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
- Make arrangements for extensive travel and related expense reports.
- Maintain busy calendar, including the scheduling of appointments and meetings.
- Update contact management system to ensure client information is up to date and accurate.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date files.
- Photocopy, scan, send faxes as directed.
- Proofread all work products to ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Handle incoming and outgoing internal and external telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Present a professional and positive image within the firm as well as with outside contacts.
- Be discreet and diplomatic at all times, particularly with sensitive or confidential information.
- Provide assistance to other legal administrative assistants and lawyers in office as requested.
- Participate in firm provided training programs and apply learned skills to work products.
- Maintain a neat, clean work area.
- Perform any and all other related office duties as requested.
- Minimum of 5 years of legal administrative/secretary experience.
- Proficiency in French required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels.
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Notary Public preferred, or willingness to become a Notary Public.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.