Legal Recruiting Coordinator
July 10, 2017
Foley Hoag seeks a Legal Recruiting Coordinator responsible for administrative and organizational support of the recruiting process for the hiring of new attorneys and summer associates.
Law School Recruitment
- Coordinates the law school recruitment process, including acting as effective liaison with law school career services offices and facilitating participation of firm representatives at school events throughout the academic year.
- Facilitates the scheduling of law school campus interviews, including managing the registration process and all related arrangements, and designs materials to prepare attorneys for on-campus interviews.
- Manages callback interview process, including but not limited to scheduling, greeting and communicating with candidates and selecting attorney interviewers.
- Coordinates and reviews interview feedback and facilitates the hiring decision process with the Hiring Committee. Drafts related recruitment correspondence, coordinates communication with all law student and attorney applicants on behalf of the firm, and maintains recruitment candidate database and files.
- Coordinates and attends offeree dinners and other recruitment activities.
- Manages attorney, summer associate and technology specialist orientation.
- Collaborates on updates to the legal recruiting microsite and facilitates revisions with the firm’s Business Development personnel.
- Aids in the effective engagement and ongoing relationship building with law schools and law student groups to advance the firm’s brand on campuses.
- Represents the firm through membership in the National Association for Law Placement and local legal recruiting organizations.
Summer Associate Program
- In collaboration with the Legal Recruiting Director and Manager, designs and effectively and efficiently coordinates many aspects of the firm’s summer associate program, including pre-arrival processes and communications, orientation, mentoring and programming.
- Manages the evaluation process for summer associates.
- Manages the firm’s relationships with law school affinity groups and facilitates firm sponsorship and participation in student programs and activities.
- Coordinates the firm’s participation in Boston Lawyers Group activities.
- Manages the firm’s annual resume workshop for law students of color.
- Reviews competitive market information and contributes ideas to further the firm’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum two years’ law firm or law school recruiting work experience.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and database programs (e.g. LawCruit, viDesktop).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-orientation, and the ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the firm.
- Strong organizational skills, superb attention to detail, and self-direction.
- Ability to multi-task, manage, and prioritize projects effectively.
- Flexibility and professionalism in responding to shifting demands.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and to recognize and treat confidential information in a professional manner.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.