Product Liability Case Assistant
April 5, 2018
Seeking a highly organized and self-motivated individual to assist a legal team by performing both routine and analytical writing, research, and communication tasks associated with product liability cases. Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate with team members, other counsel and client regarding status, tasks, pending deadlines, etc., including summarizing key information on facts, strategy, and deadlines.
- Maintain case management database and case calendars, including recording case details and reviewing all correspondence, and communicate all deadlines and relevant tasks to team as necessary.
- Draft or compile various deadline/task lists, case status reports, billing and budget estimates, defense cost statistics, etc., for both internal and external reporting.
- Contribute to overall case strategy by reviewing documents, interviewing client personnel, conducting Internet and occasional legal research, and preparing summaries of work for team members.
- Review all discovery materials and help formulate case defenses and/or areas for further investigation.
- Review medical and scientific literature and prepare related analyses for use in developing expert reports and testimony for deposition or trial.
- Review and summarize case-specific medical records and scientific reports.
- Administrative projects including maintaining electronic and hard copy files; obtaining documents from various courts and outside counsel; assisting with document production; monitoring relevant email distribution lists; attending case team and practice group meetings; etc.
- Perform additional tasks and duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic record.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, writing, research, and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with legal and administrative staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Willingness to learn legal software as needed and develop expertise in litigation, product liability, and medical, statistical, and scientific topics.
- Prior legal or office experience is a plus.
- Background in or experience with statistics and/or epidemiology would be helpful.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.