Webinar: European Trademark and Design Basics for U.S. In-House Counsel
Sponsored by Foley Hoag LLP
With many U.S. companies increasingly eyeing the global marketplace for their products and services, an understanding of U.S. intellectual property protection isn’t enough.
Foley Hoag presents a webinar offering guidance for in-house counsel regarding the basics of trademark and design protection in the European Union. Viewers will learn about the opportunities and pitfalls to be on the lookout for when looking to secure, protect, and enforce an IP portfolio overseas.
- Acquiring and preserving trademark rights
- EUTMs vs. national registrations
- Consequences of Brexit
- Trademark clearance strategies
- Notorious trademarks
- Registered Community Designs (RCDs) vs. unregistered designs
- RCDs and U.S. design patents compared
- Policing and enforcement strategies
- Joshua Jarvis, Partner, Foley Hoag (Boston)
- Catherine Muyl, Partner, Foley Hoag (Paris)
- Marion Cavalier, Associate, Foley Hoag (Paris)
If you are in-house counsel and would like to receive a copy of the written materials containing talking points to accompany these slides, please contact us.