- Advised Calithera Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: CALA), a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company, as it entered into a worldwide license agreement with TransTech Pharma, granting Calithera exclusive rights to research, develop and commercialize TransTech's portfolio of hexokinase II inhibitors.
- Advised NextCODE Health, LLC in its sale of its wholly-owned operating subsidiary, NextCODE Health Luxembourg, S.a.r.l. to WuXi Genomics, Inc.
- Advised Zosano Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ: ZSAN) in its exclusive licensing agreement with Eli Lilly and Company to develop ZP-PTH -- Zosano’s proprietary formulation of parathyroid hormone 1-34 (PTH) -- using Zosano’s microneedle patch system for the treatment of osteoporosis patients.
- Advised OliPass Corporation, a Korean biopharmaceutical company, in negotiating a worldwide collaboration agreement with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMS) to develop antisense therapeutics against multiple targets using OliPass’s technology.
- Represented a fabless semiconductor company in its licensing of technology and patents from IBM.
- Represented a software company in licensing to state health insurance exchanges established by the Affordable Care Act.
- Represented developer of software and hardware systems for position tracking in collaboration agreement with a sports media company.
- Represented a maker of software used for Internet data caching in its licensing of its software to a major Indian telecommunications network.
- Crafted an early stage discovery and equity investment deal for an MIT renewable energy spinoff, with a major transportation fuels partner and early stage venture capital investor.
- Advising energy client on potential joint venture with Latin American based energy conglomerate.
- Representing major multinational client in “smart room” joint venture.
- Represent a major automotive manufacturer in a wide variety of matters, such as inbound software and technology licensing, outbound data licensing, strategic alliance with a public company, and development of form agreements including a master services agreement, purchasing agreement, and confidentiality agreement. Also advised on protection and licensing of its brand-name trademarks, including advising on and negotiating licenses to authorized dealers and other affiliates.
- Represented a brand name shoe manufacturer and distributor in its acquisition of licenses to use a number of famous fashion trademarks on its shoe lines.
- Advised a fitness company in connection with securing, registering and licensing the brand for use by gyms, fitness studios and individual instructors nationwide.
- Regularly provide counsel to emerging technology companies on early stage research agreements, including with AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, Medtronic, Sanofi, Stryker and Texas Instruments.
- Represent companies in-licensing IP from academic institutions such as Harvard, MIT, Whitehead Institute, Johns Hopkins and UCSF, as well as represent institutions (e.g. Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber and Tufts) in out-licensing intellectual property.