October 15, 2020
Foley Hoag LLP seeks an Administrative Assistant to support the patent practice group on billing and other administrative tasks. This role requires the ability to provide support across our patent specific systems and our firm-wide billing system. The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, opening new clients and new matters for existing clients, ensuring that our billing system is updated with client specific reference numbers as they become available, entering diary time, submitting expense reports and assisting with patent data entry and review projects as well as general office administrative duties as assigned. The Administrative Assistant must be available to work overtime when required to meet the demands of this position.
- Opening new client and new mater for existing clients in our conflicts check system
- Ensuring each patent case has a patent case number, a billing number and a client reference number (where applicable). Resolving any discrepancies between these fields to ensure billing continuity. Providing client reference number for billing matters as they become available, following up and following through where necessary.
- Entering diary time for some attorneys to ensure that all time and costs are entered at the end of the month.
- Submitting and tracking attorney expense reports.
- Assisting with booking recurring meetings as needed.
- Providing administrative and/or project based support to the Patent Administration Managers as needed.
- 2+ years of office experience, established knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prior experience with billing related systems preferred
- Attention to detail, ability to detect and resolve data discrepancies across systems
- Professional manner
- Ability to demonstrate discretion when necessary
- Must work well independently as well as a contributing member of a hardworking team
- Work effectively under stressful time-sensitive conditions
- Strong organization/ prioritization skills
- Conscientious, strong work ethics
- Ability to multi-task
- Associates Degree