Administrative Assistant – Information Technology Department
August 17, 2021
- Organizes and prioritizes incoming flow of administrative work (actions items, due dates, etc).
- Manages Director’s calendar; keep Director apprised of high visibility upcoming meetings or upcoming deadlines; assists Director in preparing for meetings (e.g. agenda, pre-read materials, etc).
- Organizes and schedules IT management and departmental meetings and offsite events.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, and processes expense reports.
- Captures minutes and action items from IT management team meetings and tracks/reports on progress and following-ups.
- Processes IT department invoices and serve as contact between the department and A/P. Track and follow up on payment as needed.
- Assists in ordering of supplies, participates and facilitates contract or subscription renewals, obtaining quotes from vendors, and assisting in managing license counts for software used throughout the firm.
- Receives incoming calls, screens and directs calls and visitors.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, coordinating preparation of presentations, agendas, notes and materials for meetings as needed.
- Assists with budget reports and projects as needed.
- Maintains highly confidential information including contracts, business plans, legal actions, etc.
- Maintains an organized and up-to-date filing system.
- Maintains clear communication with Director on a regular basis and provides updates as needed.
- Frequently interacts with executive leaders involving a high level of diplomacy, discretion and thorough knowledge of departmental operations. Initiates and manages follow-up actions as needed.
- Generates and drives department-wide communications at direction of the Director to create engagement and free flow of information/successes/etc.
- Acts effectively in situations in which there are no established procedures.
- Completes registration and travel arrangements for IT staff who attend training, conferences, seminars and who visit other offices as requested.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Degree or equivalent required with a Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a Coordinator or Assistant, supporting a Technology executive in a law firm or professional services environment
- Demonstrated prior experience in communicating with executive leadership teams
- Top-level professional writing and excellent oral communication skills required
- Extreme attention to detail (spelling, formatting, consistency, following processes)
- Self-motivated, highly organized and effective individual
- A master collaborator and team player
- Ability to convey content in a concise manner
- Ability to operate through a sphere of influence
- Ability to take immediate, effective action in high-pressure situations
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information and development of material
- Superb judgement regarding priority setting, progress follow-up and adherence to deadlines
- Knowledge of and experience applying project management techniques
- Ability to effective manage competing priorities and consistently meet deadlines
- Expert in Microsoft Office
- Flexible to work outside standard business hours
- Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs
How to Apply