Business Development Coordinator
October 13, 2021
The Business Development Coordinator will be a key member of the Business Development department and will support the firm’s client retention, new client development, and revenue generating initiatives. Responsibilities of the Business Development Coordinator will be firm-wide in scope, and will support business development activities across all departments and practice groups.
- Maintain the firm’s master pitch and proposal materials
- Handle general requests for business development materials and draft customized pitch materials
- Assist in competitive intelligence gathering, including performing searches using the firm’s experience database and other research tools in support of new business opportunities, client meetings, proposals, events and other business development initiatives
- Prepare, review and edit PowerPoint decks for attorney presentations, webinars, internal presentations and sales opportunities
- Assist Business Development managers with practice and industry meeting coordination, preparation and projects as assigned
- Prepare and submit applications for CLE accreditation in states related to programming
- Create and distribute CLE certificates to program attendees
- Maintain department’s Intranet page
- Assist with the drafting, editing and proofreading of select rankings and awards submissions
- With Marketing Events Specialist, design, plan and provide logistical event support for select business development events including invitations and communications, pre-event logistics, on-site event staffing and post-event follow-up
- Maintain Business Development department’s process documentation
- Project management: Demonstrated project management experience.
- Client service: Ability to manage multiple projects at once and respond quickly to inquiries so as to serve as an ambassador of superior internal client service.
- Communication skills: Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written formats.
- Work style: Ability to prioritize competing stakeholders and deadlines with a pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Technical proficiencies: Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.
- Education and prior service: A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in marketing, communications or a related field. Experience in a law firm and/or professional services industry is preferred but not required.