March 28, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks a Collections Specialist to develop strong working relationships with partners in order to provide best in class customer service support for all related client collection needs. Assists in credit and collections activities to ensure monies owed to the firm are received in a timely manner while maintaining positive relationships with the firm’s internal and external clients. The Collections Specialist must have the ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment, exhibit keen insight and the ability to prioritize.
- Assist in managing day-to-day collections operations.
- Identify problems or issues in processes and implement solutions bringing bottom line results.
- Interface with varying levels of management, clients and staff.
- Must be resourceful in developing alternative solutions and meeting deadlines in a real time.
- Interacts and communicates with billing attorneys and partners to review the status of unpaid bills.
- Contacts clients regarding past-due accounts and invoices as requested by the respective billing attorney.
- Monitors payment arrangements to ensure compliance with payment terms.
- Partners with billing representative to ensure appropriate collections follow-up.
- Generates and distributes monthly Client Reminder Statements and ensures that the statements are sent to clients in a timely manner.
- Researches and monitors unapplied payments, responsible for processing client refunds when applicable.
- Promptly responds to client inquiries regarding past due balances.
- Assists with providing back-up for client audit letter responses as necessary.
- Prepares reports and analysis on the status of credit and collection matters; provides regular updates to management on these matters.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with financial/billing software packages and Finance/Accounting organizational operations. Aderant Expert Billing System and *Collect experience preferred.
- Experience must be in a professional services environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work with all levels of personnel within the firm.
- Strong writing skills necessary.
- Ability to provide high level of customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle a high volume of tasks maintaining attention to detail and prioritizing as necessary.
- Ability to understand, adhere to, enforce and apply department policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Strong knowledge of Excel preferred.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.