Competitive Intelligence Manager
July 28, 2022
OfficesReporting to the Director of Business Development, the Competitive Intelligence Manager oversees market, legal industry research, analysis and reporting efforts for the firm and its various practice groups. In this role, the Manager will identify, analyze and communicate relevant and actionable information and data to aid the firm's business development, client retention, and overall business strategies ultimately. The Manager will also develop processes, systems, tools, and techniques to identify, capture and distill information with the critical goal of providing quantitative and qualitative decision-support.
- Leveraging the firm’s research resources, provide actionable business intelligence, which may include prospect research, industry or geographic research and competitive analysis at the practice area level.
- Monitor global economics/markets/sectors, industries, legal market intelligence (surveys, peer reviews, news, trade papers, etc.), firm key clients, and competitor/peer firms and share pertinent information with stakeholders, with a particular focus on business issues that may impact legal strategies; stay current on news and trends relating to clients and prospective clients and peer/competitor firms.
- Research, analyze and prepare reports on a wide variety of company, business, industry, markets and/or competitor data to support the firm’s business development and strategic initiatives
- Provide research assistance to lawyers to support practice or client-related projects as assigned
- Develop, maintain and synthesize metrics on work completed for monthly and annual reports
- Coordinate with the other firm infrastructure, such as Library Services and Knowledge Management, to distill and share information
- Assist in efforts to market Business Development’s competitive intelligence capacity to firm personnel
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Please click here to apply to the Boston office
Please click here to apply to the New York office
Please click here to apply to the Washington, D.C. office
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.