Patent Administrative Assistant - New York
May 8, 2019
Foley Hoag's New York office seeks a Patent Administrative Assistant to assist patent attorneys, patent agents and technology specialists in the preparation and filing of compliant U.S. patent prosecution documents. This role requires in-depth knowledge of U.S. patent filing rules and requirements from initial application filing up to and including post-grant filings. The patent administrative assistant must also have previous docket management experience. The patent administrative assistant must be available to work overtime when required to meet the demands of this position. In addition, perform any general office administrative functions as necessary.
- Preparing the required filing documents for review and signature by a patent attorney or patent agent. Carefully proofing each filing document before attorney review.
- Reviewing the dockets of your assigned attorneys, proactively preparing formality documents and ensuring they are timely filed.
- Preparing office action response shells including rejection and objection subheadings and the current claim set.
- Managing client reporting workflows to ensure that client reporting is completed in a timely manner.
- Liaising with the foreign filing team and prior art management team where necessary.
- Ordering formal drawings and sequence listings from vendors where necessary.
- Assisting with virtual file upkeep and maintenance to ensure our records are current and complete.
- Minimum 5 years of related U.S patent filing experience.
- Strong attention to detail and strong work organizational skills.
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills, established user of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of patent specific systems preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.