July 3, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks a database administrator (DBA) to be responsible for maintaining the performance, fidelity, and security of the firm’s structured data systems. This role is also responsible for integrating various applications and processes with the firm’s data warehouses, and designing, creating and maintaining data feeds with other structured and unstructured data sources.
- Administration of production and development Microsoft SQL Servers.
- Ensuring continuous availability of priority systems utilizing database mirroring and AlwaysOn Availability Clusters.
- Creating, performing, and documenting business continuity/disaster recovery of all databases.
- Perform complex data manipulation, including data export and data import leveraging BCP, query creation and analysis of new and existing data sets.
- Creation and modification of reports from SQL data sources.
- Manage access to data sources based on principals of least necessary privilege.
- Perform database tuning and maintenance tasks.
- Perform regular database backup and recovery tasks, as part of disaster recovery/business continuity operations and as needed for development or reporting tasks.
- Organization of all database documentation including tables, views, indexes and catalogs.
- Review current processes and technology to identify and recommend areas of improvement.
- Review and evaluate description of changes to database schema.
- Communicate database changes to affected parties.
- Understand impact of database changes and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Consult with project managers to design appropriate solutions.
- Provide management with weekly status and monthly detailed graphs reporting outlining utilization and performance.
- Provide tier two support to the IT Help Desk and other Foley Hoag resources as needed.
- Work with other members of IT Operations team to deliver robust applications and services.
- Apply security and feature updates at regular intervals and as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years working experience supporting database platforms in a production environment, including installations, performance tuning, configurations, security and problem resolution.
- MS SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2016 databases and administration tools.
- Familiarity with Web technologies, such as XML, HTML and IIS.
- Database design and development
- Windows 10 and Server 2012R2/2016.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Project planning and organization skills.
- Professional and courteous interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Proven ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Participation in on-call rotation.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience.
- Legal Experience preferred.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.