Diversity and Inclusion Project Manager
December 23, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks a Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Project Manager, based in our Boston office to work closely with the Director of Diversity & Inclusion in the coordination and implementation of the firm’s strategic objectives. Under the guidance of the Director, the Project Manager will work independently, in a highly organized manner, and to prioritize their workload while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of tasks and duties related to internal and external D&I initiatives by performing a broad spectrum of administrative duties that require independent decision making, discretion, and judgment.
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring and maintaining accurate accounts of all expenses and balances to support the D&I program budget.
- With support from HR, assists with preparation of diversity-related statistical information for monitoring reports, RFPs and other requests, as needed.
- Provide initial drafting of diversity-related communications, reports and surveys requiring research, analysis and evaluation, and quantitative and qualitative research; ensuring grammatical and stylistic accuracy, conformance with established procedures and factual correctness in all correspondence (e.g., firm diversity profile, internal announcements correspondence letters, etc.) for the Director’s review and finalization.
- Coordinates with other firm departments and offices on diversity-related initiatives including sponsorships of job fairs, benchmarking assessments, surveys, and competitive and marketplace research on diversity trends.
- Attend meetings as requested to provide information and serve as a point of contact/resource on behalf of the Office of Diversity & Inclusion.
- Serve as liaison with internal and external parties on matters related to the Office of Diversity & Inclusion (e.g., answer questions concerning departmental activities and transmit instructions and or information to and from department.
- Works closely with the Director in the planning and coordination of on-site workshops, programs and meetings including all logistical components, including but not limited to the marketing and promotion of the department’s offering, such as trainings, workshops, and special events.
- Build impactful relationships with peer organizations and D&I leaders within the legal profession to support our internal initiatives and recruitment strategies for underrepresented groups.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of managing and implementing projects.
- Law firm or professional service experience is preferred, but not required.
- Event planning experience is a plus.
- Experience crafting, developing and iterating on program design.
- Ability to prioritize multiple, large-scale initiatives simultaneously.
- Proven efficacy handling diverse partners including executives, affinity groups, external vendors, & consultants.
- Experience acting as a consultant to internal or external partners, with the ability to encourage action in others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent proofreading and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Creative and innovative thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Prior experience in the administration of Diversity & Inclusion programs.
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Some travel required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and work at a computer.
- Ability to move around the office to attend meetings and events.
- Flexibility to work outside standard business hours as needed.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.