Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Culture and Learning Specialist
August 21, 2020
By developing, delivering and measuring impact of learning solutions the Specialist plays a key role in driving a cultural transformation that attracts, engages, and retains diverse and highly qualified talent. The Specialist works cross-functionally to understand the needs of our workforce and delivers programs that foster an environment where everyone can be their best self, innovation is embraced, and diversity is celebrated. This Specialist will use data to identify opportunities for change and to measure the impact of our work. As an agent of change, the Specialist will use their skills and experience to challenge convention in a productive manner, and in some cases, reinvent how work is done.
Learning & Development:
- Gain insight, identify needs, and recommend, design and deliver learning solutions to drive a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Lead training offerings through the design lifecycle from project scoping, research and analysis, development, implementation and success measurement.
- Create and manage Firm-wide training programs including scheduling and facilitation and monitoring enrollment.
- Facilitate and coordinate delivery of content across multiple platforms (on-site, remote and digital).
- Create and administer learning plans, programs and courses within Learning Management System (LMS).
- Manage user permission and member enrollment in appropriate training curricula for a given product or learning path.
- Conduct on-demand DEI learning for various internal stakeholder groups.
- Maintain an advanced understanding of best practices and current trends in learning & development.
- Respond to questions related to DEI training programs and respond to requests from our workforce.
- Participate in the selection and/or oversee vendors to develop learning content or conduct educational programs when needed.
- Establish and build productive and healthy working relationships across the Firm to help coach colleagues in understanding and responding to DEI related topics and issues.
Culture and Engagement:
- Work on key initiatives as they relate to employer branding, engagement, and organizational culture.
- In partnership with Human Resources, develop strategies to build employee morale and improve engagement and retention.
- Leverage DEI survey insights to help guide our culture strategy and critical focus areas to continue to engage and retain our diverse talent.
- Utilize feedback on existing programs, policies, processes, and procedures to identify areas of opportunities.
- Partner with Legal Recruitment and Human Resources to develop and implement new and innovative programs and initiatives designed to attract, recruit and retain the best possible diverse talent in all roles and levels.
- Stay current on DEI trends and best practices, tracking key metrics for measuring impact in meeting the Firm’s DEI objectives including an inclusive culture.
- A passion for people and a steady focus on the needs of our diverse talent throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Provide support for special communications, internal/ external events, and operational initiatives; perform other tasks/projects as directed or needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Required. Highly preferred in social justice, education, organizational development, ethnic studies, or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in L&D including curriculum development, instruction and facilitation in areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Change management expertise and knowledge of change management best practices preferred.
- Creative, innovative approach to driving organizational change.
- Proactive and self-motivated within a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be a clear and articulate communicator and have professional poise and presence with a diverse set of audiences, with the ability to partner across all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and support for, key concepts and other content in DEI training, including critical race theory, gender dynamics, privilege, protected classes, implicit bias, micro-aggressions, coalition building, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to understand organizational dynamics and relate to individuals from diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
- Strong knowledge of traditional and modern/remote learning best practices and tools.
- Law firm or professional services experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Thrive as a team player in a fast-paced, high energy, change orientated environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to see the big picture as well as the small details required.
- Some travel required.