Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Events and Communications Specialist
June 1, 2022
OfficesFoley Hoag is currently seeking a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) Events and Communications Specialist based in our D.C. or Boston office. This individual will report to the firm’s Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and will be an integral member of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion team. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead from concept to execution all internal DE&I-related firm events and celebrations (virtual, in-person and hybrid).
- Oversee and manage all external DE&I sponsorships, events and conferences.
- Develop DE&I marketing materials, resources and toolkits. Creative and innovative approaches welcomed!
- In collaboration with the firm’s Marketing Department, create, highlight, and share DE&I stories and successes through the firm’s newsletters, websites, and social media channels.
- Conduct ongoing research on DE&I trends and best practices.
- Create and maintain DE&I content on the firm’s intranet and external website.
- Manage coordination and submission of various industry-wide DE&I surveys.
- Create ongoing evaluation approaches on program effectiveness and make recommendations for program enhancement and improvement; provide appropriate updates on progress; recommend actions to support the achievement of departmental goals; and assess the overall effectiveness of DE&I initiatives.
- Assist in developing and facilitating DE&I seminars, workshops, and training for all personnel, legal and business services.
- Collaborate with other firm departments on DE&I-related initiatives and activities as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience supporting/leading DE&I initiatives.
- Law firm experience is preferred but not required.
- Event planning experience required.
- Marketing and branding exposure and/or experience is preferred but not required.
- Capacity to, independently and as part of a team, plan, organize and prioritize work, while managing multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellence in effective communication (verbal, written, listening skills), with strong ability to create and deliver presentations for a wide variety of audiences.
- Highly organized with strong ability to perform work with a high-level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Develops rapport with others and establishes positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a high level of emotional intelligence, the ability to exercise discretion dealing with confidential and sensitive information, maintain neutrality and lead difficult conversations.
- Strong technical skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, with particular emphasis on PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel.
- Travel between offices required – 20%
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.