Document Specialist / Legal Administrative Assistant
November 25, 2019
This is a Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET shift with the possibility of night and weekend OT. The Specialist may provide back-up administrative support to assigned LAAs as needed.
- Maintain advanced proficiency of software used by the Firm (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Winscribe, Nuance & Adobe Professional, Change-Pro, SnagIt) to produce high-volume, time sensitive legal documents.
- Type, edit, format and clean legal documents and correspondence such as contracts, agreements, summons, complaints, motions, subpoenas, closing documents, etc.
- Combine Word, Excel, and PowerPoint content.
- Prepare, print and organize large Excel documents as well as producing PowerPoint presentations in accordance with firm standards that may include photos, graphic art, tables and animation.
- Create client- ready PDF files using Nuance or Adobe Acrobat.
- Answer and respond to telephone requests/inquiries in a professional manner.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of hardware used within the department (i.e., transcription equipment, scanners, and printers).
- Maintain an expertise in databases used by the Firm (i.e., FileSite/iManage, InterAction, etc.)
- Process expense reports in Chrome River.
- Make diary entries for timekeepers as requested.
- Proof your own work to ensure accuracy and completeness and proof work of others as requested.
- Maintain contacts in Outlook and InterAction as requested.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date filing systems as directed.
- Complete high volume printing, photocopy and scan requests.
- Handle complex billing, billing correspondence and client monthly billing.
- Provide assistance to legal administrative assistants and lawyers in surrounding areas as needed and as time permits.
- Perform other related office duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Expert level in Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Visio, Nuance/Acrobat, Interaction, Chrome River, Aderant Time Entry, Innova, Change-Pro, etc)
- Proficiency with FileSite or iManage or a comparable document management system.
- Competency using Styles, Headers and Footers, Section/Page Breaks, Page Numbering, Table of Contents/Authorities, etc.
- Proficiency with legal terminology and standard legal procedures.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Learns new material quickly; adapts well to change
- Possesses situational problem-solving skills
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills, both virtually and in person
- Excellent administrative skills including to include strong organizational and prioritization.
- Displays a sense of urgency with the workload.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Strong database and Internet research skills.