Financial Systems Administrator
August 7, 2019
The Financial Systems Administrator provides hands-on systems and user support for the firm’s Aderant Expert System as well as other accounting information systems and applications. This position will report to the Financial System Manager.
- Act as the day-to-day administrator of the firm’s Aderant Expert System and associated applications, including star*collect, Chrome River, Xcelerate, Intapp Open and eBillingHub ensuring continuous operation and reliability.
- Provide technical and application support to users of the firm’s financial systems.
- Actively participate in the implementation, upgrade, functional and technical maintenance of financial systems applications, ensuring continuous expected operations.
- Administer security Group and User rights and privileges as directed by Financial System Manager or Director of Finance.
- Build, run and maintain financial reports as needed and/or requested.
- Monitor financial systems’ performances and troubleshoots systems in collaboration with IT and 3rd party providers.
- Analyze system performance discrepancies and recommend improvements.
- Coordinate and provide end-user training as necessary, possibly in collaboration with IT.
- Maintain up to date system/process documentation and procedural guidelines.
- Actively participate on project teams for evaluation and implementation of new systems, or enhancement or upgrade of existing systems.
- Identify and recommend production customizations and enhancements.
- Collaborate on design, document and implement system updates/upgrades, make recommendations to improve workflow, enhance reporting and analytics and positively affect overall operational effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned by the Financial Systems Manager.
- 5 years or more IT systems experience with a professional services firm (law firm preferred).
- Strong account/systems skills including accounting principles, financial analysis and common accounting terminology.
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), and in-depth knowledge of financial, time entry, budgeting and cost recovery applications such as Elite, Aderant, e-Billing Hub, Chrome River,
- Business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
- Must be well organized, work independently, comprehend business requirements and proactively identify systems and reporting capabilities to address those requirements.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with creativity and vision.
- Proactive with demonstrated troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills in order to manage multiple and diverse projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to translate business requirements into systems solutions.
- Exhibit initiative and innovative thinking and drive best practices.
- Ability to prioritize work and competing deadlines.
- Ability to work outside standard business hours and on weekends and holidays.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.