Foreign Filing Assistant
January 31, 2020
Foley Hoag LLP seeks a Foreign Filing Assistant who would be responsible to provide administrative assistance to the foreign filing coordinator team on international (PCT) and foreign patent applications. The foreign filing assistant will assist with the drafting of client reporting letters related to docketed and non-docketed deadlines. The foreign filing assistant must be available to work overtime as needed.
The responsibilities of the foreign filing assistant include, but are not limited to, preparation of the following client reporting letters:
- For Utility patent non-PCT national stage applications, preparation of the following client reporting letters:
- 9 month, 10 month and 11 month convention date deadline reminders from earliest priority date regarding U.S. and foreign filing options.
- For PCT applications:
- Chapter II Demand reminder letters.
- 18 month reminder letter from earliest priority date.
- 1 month from receipt of Combined Search/Written Opinion or 21 months from earliest priority date, whichever is later.
- For PCT National Phase applications:
- 27 month, 28 month and 29 month national phase deadline reminders from earliest priority date for U.S. and foreign national phase filing options.
- For Design applications:
- 3 month, 4 month and 5 month convention deadline reminder letters for foreign filing options.
- For EP/CN/UK applications:
- 3 month reminder letter from EPO/UK/China publication for Hong Kong filing options.
- General International and Foreign applications:
- Reporting of new application filings.
- Reporting all correspondence related to foreign applications.
- Reminders regarding outstanding formality filing requirements.
- Reinstatement deadline reminder letters.
- General Support:
- Create Annuity files as needed.
- Provide support on maintenance and upkeep of virtual file.
- Time entry for foreign filing coordinators.
- Provide assistance on ensuring PCT and foreign matters are opened in a timely manner.
- Other tasks as requested by the foreign filing coordinators.
- 2+ years of office experience, established knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Professional manner
- Ability to demonstrate discretion when necessary
- Must work well independently as well as a contributing member of a hardworking team
- Work effectively under stressful time-sensitive conditions
- Strong organization/ prioritization skills
- Sound judgment
- Strong work ethics
- Ability to multi-task
- Associates Degree
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.