Knowledge Management Technology Manager
July 14, 2022
Foley Hoag provides innovative, strategic legal services to public, private and government clients. We have premier capabilities in the life sciences, healthcare, technology, energy, professional services and private funds fields, and in cross-border disputes. The diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our lawyers and business services professionals contribute to the exceptional service we deliver to clients ranging from startups to multinational companies to sovereign states.
Foley Hoag has prioritized the development of a robust knowledge management function to enable the firm to respond to our clients’ evolving needs. As technology is central to this strategy, we are looking for an experienced and committed KM (Knowledge Management) Technology Manager who will take an active role in shaping our new and growing Knowledge Management & Innovation Team.
Reporting to the Head of Knowledge Management (Business), the KM Technology Manager will assist in identifying the knowledge needs of the practice groups making up the Business Department and, working closely with the IT department, find or develop and manage KM applications and technology-based solutions responsive to those needs.
- Work with practice groups to understand and analyze business needs, prepare use case documentation for projects, and work with developers and vendors to deliver solutions.
- Develop, test, administer pilot programs, and promote the adoption of KM processes and technology tools.
- Develop and maintain new practice-centric intranet SharePoint sites for Business Department practice groups with embedded self-service KM tools and ensure the related content responds to each practice group’s priorities.
- Coordinate with practice groups in the Business Department and other business services teams to refine existing knowledge management applications to better meet practice group needs.
- Manage KM projects with outside vendors and other consultants assuring deliverables meet requested specifications, and are delivered on budget and on time.
- Keep abreast of emerging legal technologies and, where appropriate, coordinate pilot programs.
- Perform data mining, data entry, and analysis as necessary to populate new databases and support KM applications.
- Monitor KM application performance and assist IT with troubleshooting systems and integrations.
- Conduct KM applications training as part of onboarding training for attorneys, paralegals, and other professional staff as necessary.
- May become responsible for managing additional KM staff as the team grows.
- Other duties as requested and assigned by Head of Knowledge Management & Innovation (Business).
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of five years of experience working with legal tech applications applicable to transactional work at a large law firm. Experience with knowledge management preferred; JD or experience as a paralegal also a plus.
- Experience with SharePoint365, and other common applications used by large law firms.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Team player willing to assist with KM tasks as requested, and to support innovation initiatives.
- Strong analytical and oral and written communication skills and ability to translate attorney needs for technical personnel.
- Willingness to learn contract automation software and to develop automated document templates.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal affairs.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.