Legal Administrative Assistant
March 5, 2020
The Boston office of Foley Hoag LLP seeks experienced Legal Administrative Assistants to support Attorneys in multiple departments.
Provide legal secretarial support to lawyers, technology specialists, health policy specialists, and/or paralegals. Coordinate activities with multiple areas within the Firm to meet individual client’s needs appropriately.
- Draft, prepare, format, proofread and/or revise documents including complex legal documents, correspondence, memoranda and pleadings.
- Create presentation materials using PowerPoint.
- Complete daily diaries in an efficient, timely manner.
- Complete new client matter opening process.
- Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls and emails to and from clients or client-related representatives, as well as Foley personnel, in a professional manner.
- Handle extensive billing and billing correspondence for partner’s practice, including attention to client billing guidelines, review and editing of pro formas, use of firm’s billing software, and compliance with firm’s billing practices, rules, and deadlines.
- Maintain busy calendar, including the scheduling and re-scheduling of appointments and large-scale meetings as needed.
- Make and modify complex travel arrangements (including international) as directed.
- Be familiar with legal procedures of the practice area(s) in which one is working (e.g. litigation, real estate, corporate, etc.).
- Complete photocopying, faxes, pdfs and electronic filings as directed.
- Be familiar with Firm policies and procedures.
- Be discreet and diplomatic at all times, particularly with sensitive or confidential information.
- Present a professional and positive image within the Firm as well as with outside contacts.
- Provide assistance to bay mate, and secretaries and lawyers in surrounding areas as needed and as time permits.
- Update contact management system to ensure client information is up to date and accurate.
- Perform any and all other related office duties as required.
- Attend all mandatory training programs identified by the Firm on an annual basis and apply learned skills to work products.
- Minimum 2-5 years of related experience in a large law firm (preferably supporting partners).
- Past experience in billing professional services, including familiarity with client billing guidelines.
- Experience with Aderant a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience
- Flexibility to work outside standard business hours as needed
- Ability to commute to and work from office location on regular basis
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs
- Ability to bend and stretch to reach for filing
Please click here to apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.