Legal Administrative Assistant - Administrative Law
May 2, 2019
OfficesFoley Hoag seeks an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to support attorneys in our Administrative Law Department.
- Handle extensive billing and billing correspondence for partner’s practice, including attention to client billing guidelines, review and editing of pro formas, use of firm’s billing software, and compliance with firm’s billing practices and rules.
- Complete daily diaries in an efficient, timely manner.
- Complete new client matter opening process.
- Draft, prepare, format, proofread and/or revise document including complex legal documents, correspondence, memoranda and pleadings.
- Maintain busy calendar, including the scheduling and re-scheduling of appointments and large-scale meetings as needed.
- Make and modify complex travel arrangements (including international) as directed.
- Maintain and update contacts in Outlook and InterAction.
- Complete photocopy, scan, printing, and fax requests.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system, including chronological filing, diary filing, case filing, billing filing, etc.
- Present a professional and positive image within the firm as well as with outside contacts. Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls to and from clients, client-related representatives, and firm personnel in a professional manner. Become familiar enough with matters to recognize client names, and know who else is working on each matter to ensure timely responses to a client.Provide assistance to legal administrative assistants and lawyers in surrounding areas as needed.
- Perform other related office duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years of secretarial experience in a large law firm (preferably supporting partners).
- Past experience in billing professional services, including familiarity with client billing guidelines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with InterAction or other Contact Management System software.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels.
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.