Legal Administrative Assistant/Document Specialist
April 26, 2022
The LAA/Document Specialist is a hybrid role. The Specialist is responsible for producing consistently high quality documents, and providing world class administrative support services to internal and external clients.
This is a Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET shift with the possibility of night and weekend OT. The Specialist may provide back-up administrative support to assigned LAAs as needed.
- Maintain advanced proficiency of software used by the Firm:Microsoft Office 2016 Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Zoom, Winscribe, Kofax (formerly known as Nuance), Adobe Professional and Change-Pro to produce high-volume, time sensitive legal documents.
- Type, edit, format and clean legal documents and correspondence such as contracts, agreements, summons, complaints, motions, subpoenas, closing documents, etc.
- Combine Word, Excel, and PowerPoint content.
- Prepare, print and organize large Excel documents as well as producing PowerPoint presentations in accordance with firm standards that may include photos, graphic art, tables and animation.
- Create client- ready PDF files using Kofax (formerly known as Nuance) or Adobe Acrobat.
- Answer and respond to telephone requests/inquiries in a professional manner.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of hardware used within the department (i.e., transcription equipment, Multi-Function Devices (MFDs) which are used to Scan, Fax, Copy and Print).
- Maintain an expertise in databases used by the Firm (i.e., iManage, InterAction, etc.)
- Process expense reports using Chrome River.
- Make diary entries for timekeepers as requested using Aderant Expert Time.
- Proof your own work to ensure accuracy and completeness and proof work of others as requested.
- Maintain contacts in Outlook and InterAction as requested.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date filing systems as directed.
- Complete high volume printing, photocopying and scanning requests.
- Handle complex billing, billing correspondence and client monthly billing.
- Provide assistance to legal administrative assistants and lawyers in surrounding areas as needed and as time permits.
- Perform other related office duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- High level of technical aptitude and an ability to learn evolving technology
- Expert level in Microsoft Office 2016 Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency with Visio, Kofax/Nuance/Acrobat, Interaction, Chrome River, Aderant Time Entry, Litera Products including Innova, Change-Pro Premier, Metadact
- Proficiency with iManage or a comparable document management system
- Competency using Word Styles, Headers and Footers, Section/Page Breaks, Page Numbering, Table of Contents and Table of Authorities
- Proficiency with legal terminology and standard legal procedures
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Learns new material quickly; adapts well to change
- Possesses situational problem-solving skills
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills, both virtually and in person
- Excellent administrative skills including to include strong organizational and prioritization
- Displays a sense of urgency with the workload
- Excellent client service skills
- Strong database and Internet research skills