Legal Administrative Assistant - Floater
December 23, 2020
The Boston office of Foley Hoag LLP seeks experienced Legal Administrative Assistant (“LAA”) for an unassigned “Floater” position. Floaters provide coverage for short- and long-term absences as well as over flow/back-up support for their colleagues, lawyers and business services professionals in all departments. This position is ideal for an experience legal administrative professional with a top-notch skills and a focus on quality and client service.
The Floater will provide a broad range of legal secretarial and administrative support to lawyers, technology specialists, health policy specialists, paralegals and/or business professionals in all departments. This position reports directly to the Human Resources Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Draft, prepare, format, proofread and/or revise documents including complex legal documents, correspondence, memoranda and pleadings.
- Create presentation materials using PowerPoint.
- Complete daily diaries in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Complete new client matter opening process.
- Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls and emails to and from clients or client-related representatives, as well as Foley personnel, in a professional manner.
- Handle simple and complex billing and billing correspondence for partner’s practice, including attention to client billing guidelines, review and editing of pro formas, use of firm’s billing software, and compliance with firm’s billing practices, rules, and deadlines.
- Maintain busy calendars, including the scheduling and re-scheduling of appointments and large-scale meetings as needed.
- Make and modify complex travel arrangements (including international) as directed.
- Maintain current familiarity with legal procedures of various practice area(s) including litigation, real estate, corporate.
- Complete photocopying, scanning, faxes, pdfs and electronic filings as directed.
- Assist with records management including creation of records labels and filing.
- Assist with integration of incoming lawyers including Summers, 1st year associates and lateral hires.
- Remain current familiarity with Firm policies and procedures.
- Be discreet and diplomatic at all times, particularly with sensitive or confidential information.
- Present a professional and positive image within the Firm as well as with outside contacts.
- Assist LAAs and Document Production colleagues as requested and, as time permits.
- Update client relationship management system to ensure client information is up to date and accurate.
- Perform any and other tasks as assigned.
- Attend all mandatory training programs and apply learned skills to work products.
- Minimum 2-5 years of related experience in a large law firm (preferably supporting partners).
- Past experience in billing professional services, including familiarity with client billing guidelines.
- Experience with Aderant a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience
- Flexibility to work outside standard business hours as needed
- Ability to commute to and work from office location on regular basis
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs
- Ability to bend and stretch to reach for filing
How to Apply
Pleaseto apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.