Legal Administrative Assistant - Litigation and Business Departments
January 10, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to support attorneys in our Litigation and Business Departments.
- Handle extensive billing and billing correspondence for partner’s practice, including attention to client billing guidelines, review and editing of pro formas, use of firm’s billing software, and compliance with firm’s billing practices and rules.
- Complete daily diaries in an efficient, timely manner.
- Complete new client matter opening process.
- Draft, prepare, format, proofread and/or revise document including complex legal documents, correspondence, memoranda and pleadings.
- Present a professional and positive image within the firm as well as with outside contacts. Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls to and from clients, client-related representatives, and firm personnel in a professional manner. Become familiar enough with matters to recognize client names, and know who else is working on each matter to ensure timely responses to a client.
- Maintain attorney calendars as requested.
- Maintain and update contacts in Outlook and InterAction.
- Complete photocopy, scan, printing and fax requests.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system, including chronological filing, diary filing, case filing, billing filing, etc.
- Provide assistance to legal administrative assistants and lawyers in surrounding areas as needed.
- Perform other related office duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years of secretarial experience in a corporate law practice (preferably supporting partners) including familiarity with legal terms.
- Past experience in billing professional services, including familiarity with client billing guidelines applicable to litigation and corporate matters.
- Excellent document production skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with InterAction or other Contact Management System software.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels.
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.