Legal Administrative Assistant - New York
July 2, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to support a partner in its International Litigation & Arbitration practice and associates in its litigation practice in our New York office.
- Handle extensive billing and billing correspondence for partner’s practice, including attention to client billing guidelines, review and editing pre-bills, use of firm’s billing software, and compliance with firm’s billing practices and rules.
- Complete daily diaries in an efficient, timely manner.
- Complete new client matter opening process.
- Draft, prepare, format, proofread and/or revise document including complex legal documents, correspondence, memoranda and pleadings.
- Maintain busy calendar, including the scheduling and re-scheduling of appointments and large-scale meetings as needed.
- Make and modify complex travel arrangements (including international) as directed.
- Maintain and update contacts in Outlook and InterAction.
- Complete photocopy, scan, printing and fax requests.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system.
- Present a professional and positive image within the firm as well as with outside contacts.
- Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls to and from clients, client-related representatives and firm personnel in a professional manner.
- Become familiar enough with matters to recognize client names, and know who else is working on each matter to ensure timely responses to a client.
- Provide assistance to other legal administrative assistants and lawyers as needed.
- Perform other related office duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years of secretarial experience in a large law firm (preferably supporting partners).
- Intermediate/Advanced French Language skills strongly preferred (reading, writing, speaking).
- Past experience in billing professional services, including familiarity with client billing guidelines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with InterAction or other Contact Management System software.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels.
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.