Legal Recruiting Assistant
April 26, 2022
Responsible for administrative and organizational support of the recruiting process for the hiring of entry-level associates, summer associates and lateral attorneys.
- Monitor lateral attorney and student applications via the hiring mailbox and applicant tracking database and forward applications to Legal Recruiting Director and Managers as appropriate.
- Alongside Legal Recruiting Operations Specialist, maintain recruiting database/applicant tracking system and other relevant candidate files, generate statistical reports, maintain hiring statistics, and other database duties as assigned.
- Assist with posting attorney and legal personnel open positions on the firm website and other job boards as appropriate.
- Maintain search firm fee agreement files and processes payment of placement fees.
- Maintain expense spreadsheets and process department expenses, including candidate travel reimbursements, vendor invoices and check requests, summer program event invoices, Manager and Director expense reimbursements, etc.
- Assist with compiling all new hire paperwork and documentation and add new attorney and legal personnel hires to firm’s new hire onboarding system.
- Under the direction of Legal Recruiting Operations Specialist, process payment of individual attorney bar membership renewals, execute on group bar registrations and group association renewals, and assist with maintenance of membership database.
- Handle other administrative duties for the department, including scheduling meetings and events, conference room reservations, IT needs, filing and record-keeping, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year of law firm or professional services administrative experience preferred
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); proficiency in database programs (e.g., LawCruit, viDesktop) and other technical proficiency would be a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-orientation, and the ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the firm
- Strong organizational skills, superb attention to detail, and self-direction
- Ability to multi-task, manage, and prioritize projects effectively
- Flexibility and professionalism in responding to shifting demands
- Ability to exercise good judgment and to recognize and treat confidential information in a professional manner