Legal Recruiting & Diversity Administrative Assistant
February 27, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks a Legal Recruiting & Diversity Administrative Assistant to be responsible for administrative and organizational support of the recruiting process for the hiring of entry-level attorneys and summer associates and of the firm’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Manages in-take of lateral attorney and student applications via the hiring mailbox and database and refers applications to Legal Recruiting Director and managers as appropriate. Maintains candidate database.
- Handles advertisement of lateral openings on the firm’s Intranet and on HandShake, The Partnership’s Jobs Board, and other online sites, as appropriate.
- Maintains search firm fee agreement files, and processes payment of placement fees.
- Executes on summer program social event arrangements and maintains expense spreadsheets.
- Prepares all correspondence for candidates and processes student travel reimbursements.
- Produces recruiting season reports for meetings of the Hiring Committee.
- Maintains records of student contacts and interactions and attorney campus involvement throughout the academic year.
- Develops orientation schedules for all lateral attorney and technology specialist hires, constructs orientation packages, and prepares new lateral partner handbooks. Adds new attorneys hires to firm’s new hire onboarding system.
- Processes payment of individual attorney bar membership renewals and executes on group bar registrations and group association renewals, as assigned. Maintains membership database.
- Executes on assignments from the Director of Diversity & Inclusion, as assigned.
- Handles other administrative duties for the departments, including processing of expenses and invoices, conference room reservations, IT needs, filing and record-keeping.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One year of law firm or professional services administrative experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); proficiency in database programs (e.g., LawCruit, viDesktop) and other technical proficiency would be a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-orientation, and the ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the firm.Strong organizational skills, superb attention to detail, and self-direction.
- Ability to multi-task, manage, and prioritize projects effectively.
- Flexibility and professionalism in responding to shifting demands.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and to recognize and treat confidential information in a professional manner.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.