Legal Training Manager
March 19, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks a Legal Training Manager to work in collaboration with the Director of Professional Development, the Senior Career Development Manager, department and practice group leaders, partner mentors and key administrative directors and staff. This key team member will develop and manage attorney training and mentoring programs to support the professional development and career success of Foley Hoag attorneys at all levels.
- Collaborate with Director of Professional Development (PD) to codify needs and create, implement, and manage the next level of PD core skills training; create metrics to evaluate training ROI and better communicate program linkages, goals and outcomes.
- Collaborate with department and practice group leaders to codify experience benchmarks; facilitate development/expansion of legal skills and industry training in alignment with attorney development and practice group needs; team with internal presenters to maximize training effectiveness and innovative delivery approaches.
- Collaborate with Business Development Department to prioritize needs, develop materials, and expand BD training for attorneys at all professional levels.
- Identify, vet and manage external training vendors delivering internal programs; review content and materials to ensure trainings are customized for Foley Hoag attorneys and culture.
- Manage eLearning program library; prioritize topics for new modules and opportunities to leverage across offices; collaborate with vendors and internal groups on content development, customization and implementation.
- Create and manage process for CLE-accrediting select internal programs; work with departments, practice groups and attorney presenters to ensure compliance with all requirements; issue CLE credits and certificates as appropriate.
- Manage firm wide and departmental mentoring programs, women’s mentoring circles, and professional development groups; recommend and implement program enhancements, best practices, and training; identify synergies and create new groups as indicated; manage budgets.
- Contribute to development of best practice PD materials; manage resources and training content on the firm’s Learning Center and PD intranet site.
- Monitor external trends and best practices in attorney professional development; codify insights and recommendations in areas including attorney career paths, training, staffing, mentoring, feedback and compensation.
- Contribute to other PD initiatives and programs as requested.
- Minimum 5 years of professional development/training experience within the legal industry or a professional services firm.
- Excellent interpersonal, team, and verbal and written communications skills, with ability to work effectively and collaboratively at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects at once, realign priorities as needed, and drive projects to successful completion.
- BA/BS required; JD or MS in Education, Organizational Development, or related field preferred.
- Willingness to travel to other office locations.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.