January 31, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks a Library Assistant to maintain its physical collection with filing, shelving, shifting and maintenance. Performs mail log in and routing; processes invoices for payment, reconciles account payments. Uploads e-book updates into Lexis Nexis Digital Library. Adds documents to the Contracts Management Module of Research Monitor. Answers ready reference inquiries, orders and tracks documents and ILLs. Performs copy cataloging of new items and other online catalog maintenance tasks; works with Law Library Manager on catalog related projects and updates, other duties as assigned.
- Sort library mail.
- Check in serials in the library catalog.
- Route and distribute journals and desk copies to attorneys in print and electronic formats.
- Maintain serials routing/distribution lists in print and electronic formats.
- Investigate missing serial issues and determine which serials should be claimed.
- Process new materials by receiving orders, bar-coding, labeling and shelving.
- Process book, e-book and periodical circulation.
- Process inter-library loans and maintain all files/reports related to loans.
- Shelving, shifting, shelf reading and other stack maintenance.
- Update print materials with filing as received.
- Deliver and pick up materials upon request.
- Perform general tasks such as photocopying, faxing, downloading and scanning materials.
- Experience in updating legal print materials.
- Knowledge of legal materials.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and the ability to learn computer software applications such as catalog software.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Enrollment in a Master’s of Library Science program preferred.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.