Manager of Lateral Recruiting
April 26, 2022
- Manage and proactively drive recruiting and onboarding process for experienced candidates for all non-partner attorney and legal personnel openings at the firm.
- Collaborate with Director of Legal Recruiting, Department Chairs, and other partners on hiring needs and search strategies.
- Develop job postings and source candidates through various methods including associate referrals and recruiters as well as other recruiting venues (e.g., LinkedIn, social media, job boards, etc.).
- Cultivate relationships with search firm recruiters and regularly communicate the firm’s lateral hiring needs.
- Manage the lateral hiring process including reviewing candidate resumes, coordinating interview schedules, assessing evaluations, and negotiating offers.
- Manage the maintenance of the lateral candidate pipeline in recruiting database.
- Collaborate with HR, Professional Development department and other stakeholders to develop and manage orientation and onboarding program for lateral hires.
- Develop and execute best practices and initiatives to improve the successful integration of lateral hires. Liaises with Professional Development Department, as appropriate.
- Consult with Director of Legal Recruiting, firm management, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion professionals to develop lateral recruitment initiatives that support and advance the firm's diversity commitment and goals.
- Strategize and manage social media and other marketing materials related to lateral recruitment, and collaborate on updates to the legal recruiting microsite for experienced attorneys.
- Assist in the preparation and management of budget categories that are directly relevant to lateral recruitment.
- Supervise and contribute to professional development of the Legal Recruiting Coordinator.
- Represent the firm in local and national legal recruiting organizations.
- Keep abreast of key market issues and trends. Track information and analyze competitive data, best practices and trends to provide strategic recommendations to recruiting team, practice group and firm leadership in alignment with the firm’s strategic recruitment goals.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of legal recruiting/talent management experience in a law firm or other professional services setting required; candidates without legal recruiting/talent management experience will be considered if they have a J.D. and at least 3 years of experience as a practicing lawyer at a large law firm.
- Sophisticated strategic and analytical thinking, drive, initiative, and problem-solving skills required.
- Effective client service skills, with proven organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as strong attention to detail and organization is required.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule that will occasionally require travel and extended hours.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and to recognize and treat confidential information in a professional manner.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and database programs (e.g., LawCruit, viDesktop)
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.