January 11, 2022
The Network Engineer is responsible for ensuring the continuous and reliable operation of the firm’s voice, data and internet networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability for the firm. The role is responsible for maintaining and administering all networking hardware, network services, and network management software. The Network Engineer provides advanced technical support for voice, data and internet network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, ensures network systems are highly available and compliant with current industry best practices, and acts as a network resource for other firm projects as needed.
The Network Engineer will need a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. The Network Engineer will need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, router, and switches. A deep understanding of network infrastructure protocols and application transport protocols is highly desired.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Working with other IT teams to deliver highly available applications and services.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Relevant Certifications include Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, (ISC)2 CCSP, CompTIA Network+
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- LAN and WAN experience.
Relevant Technology Experience:
- Cisco IOS and NX-OS
- Cisco Unified Communications Product Suite
- Cisco Unified Computing System
- Forcepoint NGFWs
- MPLS Mesh WANs
- Aruba Clearpass and Airwave
- Ruckus Wireless
- Office 365 and Azure