Paralegal – Business Department
October 22, 2021
Seeking a self-starting and highly organized Paralegal to join a legal team supporting a large, international private equity client with investments and operations in South America, Central America and Australasia. Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple and sometimes competing demands. Oral and written fluency in Spanish and/or Brazilian Portuguese and English is required. Part-time position may be available.
- Work directly with client and local counsel in Latin America, Australasia and other countries to manage portfolio company compliance requirements.
- Draft corporate resolutions relating to annual financial statements, share issuances, distributions, director appointments, and other similar corporate actions for portfolio companies based throughout the world.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of complex corporate structure charts.
- Maintain corporate record books, including working with the client and local registered agents to ensure completeness of records.
- Draft, compile and maintain various deadline/task lists, status reports, compliance calendars, etc. and work with other team members, client and local counsel to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintain online document management/file sharing portal.
- Utilize Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Nuance and dedicated corporate maintenance software and technology.
- Maintain and organize files and datarooms for acquisitions and sales.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by client and legal team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of prior experience as a paralegal or similar position
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, highly organized and effective individual
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Ability to work independently
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and/or Brazilian Portuguese and English
- Available to work overtime, including weekends if needed.
- Paralegal Certificate a plus