Paralegal – IP Litigation
April 26, 2022
Officeswith associates, staff attorneys, contract attorneys, paralegals, and partners as part of our case teams. The paralegal will be play a central role in discovery matters including document collection, review, production assist with deposition preparation; support case filings; and work with case teams on various aspects of trial preparation and trial support. The successful candidate must have hands-on experience with Relativity and familiarity working with litigation technology and in-house and outside litigation support professionals. The paralegal must have exceptional client service skills, strong communication skills, attention to detail/accuracy, and the ability to consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment working on multiple matters.
- Assist with preparation for depositions, court hearings and trial.
- Read and analyze case documents and assisting with preparation of timelines.
- Assist with document collection and production.
- Maintain and organize electronic and hard copy case files and workrooms.
- Assist with preparation and electronic filing of court documents.
- Coordinate the translation of documents.
- Monitor the status of court and agency proceedings.
- Utilize Word, Excel, PowerPoint and dedicated litigation support software and technology.
- Perform discrete research projects and additional tasks as requested by legal team.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of litigation experience in a major U.S. law firm.
- Prior experience with patents/IP Lit preferred.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Relativity and citation checking
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with legal and business services staff at all levels.
- Flexibility to work outside standard business hours as needed, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work independently and consistently meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.