Patent Administrative Assistant
April 26, 2022
Foley Hoag LLP seeks a Patent Administrative Assistant in our Boston or New York office to assist patent attorneys, patent agents and technology specialists in the preparation and filing of compliant U.S. patent prosecution documents. This role requires in-depth knowledge of U.S. patent filing rules and requirements from initial application filing up to and including post-grant filings. The patent administrative assistant must also have previous docket management experience. The patent administrative assistant must be available to work overtime when required to meet the demands of this position. In addition, perform any general office administrative functions as necessary.
- Preparing the required filing documents for review and signature by a patent attorney or patent agent. Carefully proofing each filing document before attorney review.
- Reviewing the dockets of your assigned attorneys, proactively preparing formality documents and ensuring they are timely filed.
- Preparing office action response shells including rejection and objection subheadings and the current claim set.
- Managing client reporting workflows to ensure that client reporting is completed in a timely manner.
- Liaising with the foreign filing team and prior art management team where necessary.
- Ordering formal drawings and sequence listings from vendors where necessary.
- Assisting with virtual file upkeep and maintenance to ensure our records are current and complete.
- Minimum 2 years of related U.S patent filing experience.
- Strong attention to detail and strong work organizational skills.
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently and have the ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills, established user of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of patent specific systems preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.