Patent Docketing Assistant
July 5, 2022
The Patent Docketing Assistant provides support to the patent docketing team in the processing of inbound electronic and paper patent mail. The patent docketing assistant assists with uploading patent mail to the related electronic file and launching processing workflows.
- Processing of incoming/outgoing patent correspondence to/from PTOs, foreign counsel and clients (electronic and standard post; uploading mail to corresponding electronic files; generating related electronic workflow)
- Filing of original hard copy correspondence in client general patent folders
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of paper and electronic files
- Maintenance/coordination of offsite patent paper files
- Processing of incoming/outgoing paper and electronic file transfers
- Providing backup coverage when patent assistant counterpart is out of the office
- Special projects as indicated by the Patent Docketing Manager
- 3+ years of office experience (patent experience a plus)
- Technical proficiency in MS Office Suite, established knowledge of Excel, Word and Adobe electronic records systems (experience with IP docketing databases a plus)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong work organization skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- High School Diploma
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.