Product Liability Case Assistant
January 31, 2020
Foley Hoag LLP seeks a highly organized and self-motivated individual to assist a legal team by performing both routine and analytical writing, research, and communication tasks associated with product liability cases. Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate with team members, other counsel and client regarding status, tasks, pending deadlines, etc., including summarizing key information on facts, strategy, and deadlines.
- Maintain case management database and case calendars, including recording case details and reviewing all correspondence, and communicate all deadlines and relevant tasks to team as necessary.
- Draft or compile various deadline/task lists, case status reports, billing and budget estimates, defense cost statistics, etc., for both internal and external reporting.
- Contribute to overall case strategy by reviewing documents, interviewing client personnel, conducting Internet and occasional legal research, and preparing summaries of work for team members.
- Review all discovery materials and help formulate case defenses and/or areas for further investigation.
- Review medical and scientific literature and prepare related analyses for use in developing expert reports and testimony for deposition or trial.
- Review and summarize case-specific medical records and scientific reports.
- Administrative projects including maintaining electronic and hard copy files; obtaining documents from various courts and outside counsel; assisting with document production; monitoring relevant email distribution lists; attending case team and practice group meetings; etc.
- Perform additional tasks and duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic record.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, writing, research, and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with legal and administrative staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Willingness to learn legal software as needed and develop expertise in litigation, product liability, and medical, statistical, and scientific topics.
- Prior legal or office experience is a plus.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.