Professional Development Manager
May 31, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks a Professional Development Manager to work in collaboration with the Director of Professional Development, the Senior Career Development Manager, department and practice group leaders, partner mentors, and administrative directors and staff. This key team member will be involved in all facets of attorney PD, including career development, evaluations and feedback, and a particular focus on training and mentoring to support the professional development and career success of Foley Hoag attorneys at all levels.
- Collaborate with Director of Professional Development to assess needs, create programs, and implement the next level of attorney core skills training; define metrics and evaluate training ROI; communicate program plans, goals, and outcomes; manage external training and eLearning vendors and content.
- Collaborate with department and practice group leaders to codify experience benchmarks, identify learning opportunities, and augment relevant legal skills and industry training; coach internal presenters on innovative delivery approaches to maximize learning.
- Manage firm-wide and department mentoring programs and budgets, including women’s and lateral attorney mentoring circles; facilitate mentor-mentee pairings; recommend and implement new mentoring groups, program enhancements, discussion topics, and trainings.
- Contribute to management of attorney feedback and review processes; QC mid-year and annual reviews for substantive feedback and guidance; codify attorney strengths and skill gaps to drive PD planning; provide coaching on ongoing and formal feedback messaging and delivery.
- Collaborate with Business Development to prioritize needs and expand BD programs and training for attorneys at all levels; team with Legal Recruiting to support New Associate and Summer Associate Orientation Programs.
- Create and manage CLE-accrediting process for select internal programs; partner with departments, practice groups, and attorney presenters on CLE programming requirements; issue CLE credits and certificates as indicated.
- Monitor external trends and best practices in attorney professional development, including in such areas as attorney career paths, staffing, mentoring, feedback, training, and compensation; contribute to development and implementation of relevant best practices within Foley.
- Contribute to other PD initiatives and programs as requested.
- Minimum 5 years of professional development/training experience within the legal industry or a professional services firm.
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver; excellent interpersonal, team, and verbal and written communications skills, with ability to work effectively and collaboratively at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects at once, realign priorities as needed, and drive projects to successful completion.
- BA/BS required; JD or MS in Education, Organizational Development, or related field preferred.
- Willingness to travel to other office locations.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.