January 29, 2021
The Records Manager is primarily responsible for the security and safekeeping of the Firm’s client and administrative files, offsite transfer procedures and retrievals of active and archived files. Manages records security procedures, client file transfers and engagement letter tracking process. Responsible for the corporate records room and secure vault documents.
- Processes all incoming files being transferred offsite. This involves bar coding, labeling, indexing, and scanning of individual file volumes and boxes using the Aderant Records database.
- Manages offsite storage vendor and provides direction regarding file/box retrieval, offsite shipments, supplies, destruction and any service related issues.
- Coordinates all deliveries and pickups of offsite files and boxes to/from attorneys and secretaries or arranges these transfers with mailroom staff.
- Is responsible for security and safekeeping of all valuable documents stored in the Firm vault.
- Manages corporate records room minute books and corporate seals.
- Coordinates file transfers outside the firm, return of files to clients, and file/box destructions. Maintains appropriate documentation for all transactions.
- Manages engagement letter tracking process.
- Is responsible for records security procedures, legal holds and ethical wall implementation in Aderant Records.
- Trains legal administrative assistants and paralegals on records procedures.
- Coordinates with department chairs and paralegals in processing and transferring inactive files in case rooms and other work areas.
- Assists the General Counsel and IT Department with records retention policy implementation and software changes and upgrades.
- Works with Director and other management team members on special projects and departmental enhancements.
- Assists with other duties as assigned
- College graduate with 5 years records related experience
- Previous law firm experience preferred
- Experience with records management software, bar code labeling and tracking
- Knowledge of legal records management a plus
- A team player with ability to work independently
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to handle physical work [lifting up to 35-lb boxes]
- Flexibility to work outside standard business hours as needed
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.