January 9, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks a Records Specialist to be primarily responsible for the management of all client and administrative files, offsite storage processing and file retrievals. This role will manage records security procedures, client file transfers and engagement letter tracking process, and support the Conflicts/NBI Specialist with conflict searches and standard case openings in the firm’s automated new business intake system when needed.
* - the hours for this position are 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Responsible for all active and archived records related functions.
- Manages requests for reports and inquiries related to case information and file retrievals.
- Assists administrative staff with questions regarding firm records procedures.
- Manages offsite area file processing, central file room, deliveries and valuable document storage.
- Coordinates client file transfers and file/box destruction projects.
- Manages engagement letter tracking process.
- Responsible for records security procedures and ethical wall implementation in the records system to restrict timekeeper access to screened files.
- Responsible for the daily inspection process to identify documents, files, and offsite records boxes left in conference rooms.
- Trains new hires on records procedures.
- Assists Conflicts/NBI Specialist with conflict searches in conflicts database when needed.
- Assists Conflicts/NBI Specialist with standard case openings in new business intake system when needed.
- Works with management team on special projects and departmental enhancements.
- College graduate with related experience using a records management database preferred.
- Prior law firm records management experience preferred.
- Experience in conflicts searching and reporting preferred.
- Experience with an automated new business intake system preferred.
- Knowledge of Intapp a plus.
- Effective communication and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Service-oriented and a team player who is also willing to work independently.
- Proven ability to provide quality, accurate, time-sensitive and confidential work product in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to handle physical work [lifting up to 35-lb boxes].
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.