January 18, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks a Senior Accountant to be responsible for financial statement preparation, general ledger and fixed asset management, annual audit preparation, treasury and bank compliance, partner distributions and tax reporting, as well as preparation of government filings. Ensures proper accounting controls are documented and followed. Primary responsibility also includes coordinating tasks with staff accountants, reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness and ensuring all assigned tasks are completed timely and project deadlines are met.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements (domestic and foreign) and related presentations (Department Chair and Partner meetings).
- Assist with calculations relating to partner distributions, payments to retired partners and partner retirement contributions.
- Preparation of monthly compensation analysis.
- Assist with cash flow projections (oversees actual spend to budget for the assigned administrative department, assists Controller with cash management process and selection of invoices for weekly A/P check runs).
- Coordinate with staff accountants’ preparation of audit response documentation as well as partner K-1 data for outside audit firm and review for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate quarterly budget to actual financial reporting to senior management.
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls in support of auditing team.
- Preparation of statistical data for insurance renewals, property tax returns and other government filings, bank compliance and surveys.
- Fixed asset coding, reporting, depreciation and disposals.
- Review general ledger and bank reconciliations and various actual to budget analysis prepared by staff accountants for accuracy and completeness before submitting for final review to Controller.
- Review and approval of journal entries.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing process.
- Oversee foreign office financial reporting and controls.
- Support process for developing annual operating budget: work with staff accountants to compile firm wide budget, prepare Finance Department budget and related budget analysis, as well as provide budget assistance to administrative directors.
- Coordinate more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments.
- Train and mentor junior staff as well as work with staff accountants to produce and maintain accounting procedures and policies and document processes.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with full general ledger, financial statement preparation, budget and audit process, ability to analyze financial results, and detect and resolve issues.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Excellent customer service, oral and written skills.
- Excellent analytical and communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with high attention to detail and ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Great team player with “can do” approach and strives to be proactive.
- Enjoys the challenge and variety of tasks and takes direction well.
- Foreign exchange experience a plus.
- PC Proficiency including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Professional Services experience a plus.
- Elite/Aderant software experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Sales/Use Tax and VAT tax.
- Foreign language (specifically French) a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or in Finance.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.