Senior Business Analyst
September 15, 2021
- Standardize the productivity and profitability reporting of business units. Consolidate and summarize data for key decision makers.
- Work to improve the current system (Aderant) of statistical reporting, including improvements to data quality, collection and structure.
- Analyze and interpret financial results and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Identify areas for process improvements and assist in their implementation.
- Evaluate potential acquisition targets.
- Help to educate non-finance managers in financial matters.
- Training and mentoring junior analysts.
- Significant experience in performance reporting, budgeting, and forecasting, ideally with a large professional services firm (law firm obviously a big plus).
- Exceptional data modeling skills.
- Ability to compile, analyze, interpret, evaluate, marketing data, financial reports, and/or projections.
- Knowledge of statistical properties, including econometrics.
- High level of computer literacy with Excel spreadsheets.
- Understanding of relational databases and report writing, including manipulating large sets of data via SQL Server and designing reports in SSRS..
- Ability to develop and deliver written, graphic and oral presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse, highly charged environment.
- An MBA, a minimum of 5 years of work experience; the ability to handle multiple detailed projects simultaneously.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; analyzes both successes and failures for improvement; experiments and will try almost anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenges of unfamiliar tasks.
- Works exceptionally well with others and can marshal resources (people, research) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal.
Track record of using analysis to solve difficult problems, asks good questions and probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see the underlying or hidden problems and patterns; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
Abundant energy and enthusiasm resulting in an outstanding work ethic, commitment and determination.
How to Apply