Senior Business Development Specialist
April 1, 2022
Reporting to the Senior Business Development Manager, the Senior Business Development Specialist provides dedicated tactical business development support for practice areas and industry groups and business service departments throughout the firm. This position oversees a wide variety of activities including drafting proposal and presentations, pitch and proposal tracking and metrics, and business development and competitive intelligence research. This position is also responsible for creating and maintaining department master documents. The Senior Business Development Specialist works closely with all members of the Business Development department and must be able to forge strong working relationships across all administrative and legal departments throughout the firm.
- Help champion organization-wide knowledge sharing, so that attorney know-how, firm information, and experience are shared effectively and efficiently within the firm.
- Prepare firm collateral, formal RFPs, pitch materials and competitive intelligence reports for business development and targeting initiatives focused on both existing and prospective clients. This includes managing the end-to-end proposal/RFP/presentation development process (deadlines, page limits, format, attachments, notarizations, delivery specs, etc.), working with various departments throughout the firm, to draft and prepare responses.
- Draft survey, directory and league table submissions for Business Development and other departments throughout the firm including, but not limited to, Chambers, Best Lawyers, IFLR, Boston Business Journal, Law360, client and diversity surveys. This will include managing due dates, drafting submissions and working with departments, as needed, on completing submissions.
- Maintain the firm’s master pitch and proposal materials and master proposal summary tracker.
- Maintain Mansfield certification tracking spreadsheet.
- Serve as administrator for the firm’s representative matter software, and maintain the matter database, working directly with business development staff and attorneys to determine matters to highlight on our website and marketing materials.
- Oversee CLE process and compliance. Manage annual accreditation.
- Maintain library of best practice wording and guidance; develop and maintain database of proposal activity and client feedback.
- Project Management: 5+ years marketing or business development experience, with significant and demonstrable project management experience.This role requires the ability to organize large amounts of content in a logical manner.
- Client service: Ability to manage multiple projects at once and respond quickly to inquiries so as to serve as an ambassador of superior internal client service.This role requires hands on abilities with limited support in a team environment.Ability to motivate attorneys while prioritizing work load is essential.
- Communication skills: Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written formats, and, in conjunction with the Communication Manager, leverage established tone and message for all internal and externally facing materials. Attention to detail is a key skill for this role.
- Work style: Ability to prioritize competing stakeholders and deadlines with a pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Education and prior service: A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in marketing, communications or a related field. Experience in a law firm and/or professional services industry is preferred but not required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: This role requires an enthusiastic learner, inquisitive and willing to think outside the box and try new ways of delivering work product.
- Technology skills: Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (with a particular focus on Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and InterAction or other similar CRM systems.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.