Senior Business Development Specialist - NY
May 2, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks a Senior Business Development (BD) Specialist to be a key team member of the BD Department with a focus on serving lawyers and practices in the firm’s New York office. The firm’s New York office offers an exciting range of practices including emerging companies and venture capital, advertising and marketing law, intellectual property law, litigation and commercial arbitration and the United Nations practice.
This position supports a wide variety of activities including managing new business opportunities and initiatives, regional relationships with key organizations, profile raising and assistance with practice management.
- Collaborate with lawyers and BD team to identify targets and provide relevant research and strategic ideas to acquire new business.
- Together with BD managers, develop and assist with business development plans for practices and related industries.
- Work with the Firm's communications manager and BD managers to create collateral materials and content for the firm website, brochures and other marketing pieces.
- Collaborate with other BD team members and lawyers to strategize around legal practice and industry projects and events.
- Coordinate with BD team and firm public relations agency to manage media relations and NY-region opportunities.
- Serve as key contact for regional sponsorships and engagement and other signature New York-based initiatives.
- Administer NY CLE programs and related tactics.
- Prepare, review and edit PowerPoint decks for attorney presentations, webinars, internal presentations, and sales opportunities.
- Support webinar production.
- Assist with social media posting and other related tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: BA/BS: Marketing, English, Public Relations, Business or a related discipline.
- Understanding of marketing, communications, and advertising-oriented processes.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and meet various deadlines.
- Ability to professionally interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding sense of customer service.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.