Senior Manager of Coaching
July 27, 2022
OfficesFoley Hoag seeks a Senior Manager of Coaching to work in collaboration with the Director of Professional Development, the Professional Development (PD) team, legal department and practice group leaders, partner mentors, and business services directors and professionals. The Senior Manager of Coaching will focus on initiatives, programs and policies that support the professional development and career success of Foley Hoag income partners.
- Collaborate with Director of Professional Development to assess needs, create processes and programs, and implement next level of support for income partner professional development.
- Meet regularly with individual partners to identify success factors and potential obstacles to their career advancement; collaborate on and track progress against individual career development plans; provide one-on-one and small group coaching on career development issues, strategies and solutions.
- Team with Department Chairs and Practice Group Leaders to codify partner strengths, areas of concern, potential practice area adjacencies and cross-collaboration opportunities; create and implement relevant programs; provide input on partner progress over time.
- Create and manage targeted mentoring program with senior partner mentors/advisors, delineating specific areas for guidance and support.
- Create and/or recommend targeted individual and group training programs to address development opportunities and skill gaps, leveraging relevant firm and external resources.
- Collaborate with Business Development on partner work plans and BD training; with Legal Recruiting on lateral partner integration; and with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion on relevant initiatives to maximize equitable opportunities for partner development and advancement.
- Monitor external trends and best practices in partner professional development; contribute to development and implementation of best practices at Foley.
- Contribute to other PD initiatives and programs as requested.
- Minimum 10 years of professional development/coaching/training experience with senior professionals in the legal industry or professional services firm.
- Innovative thinker; creative problem solver; consultative approach to issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, team, and verbal and written communications skills; works effectively and collaboratively at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects at once, realign priorities as needed, and drive projects to successful completion.
- BA/BS required.
- Coaching certificate from accredited coaching program required.
- JD preferred or MS in Education, Organizational Development, or related field.
- Willingness/ability to work outside of standard business hours as needed.
- Willingness/ability to travel to other office locations.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply to the Boston office
Please click here to apply to the New York office
Please click here to apply to the Washington DC office