Support Desk Hardware Specialist
March 3, 2020
- Maintain all manufacturer equipment warranties, including reporting of component problems to the manufacturer, accurate completion of all required transaction paperwork, boxing and shipping of equipment to the proper destination, and receipt and redeployment of repaired equipment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of working spare units and those spare parts determined to be critical to the daily upkeep of all end-user equipment.
- Track and maintain an accurate inventory of all equipment adds, moves and changes conducted within the firm.
- Work with other members of the Support Desk to set up and configure all new hires, including the work involved in office setup and office moves.
- Serve as a back-up for the firm’s A/V and video conferencing technology. Responsibility includes but is not limited to working with AV vendors to troubleshoot and resolve AV systems issues, conduct on-site operational support and services for monthly partner meetings and other end –user meetings requiring on-site-technical assistance.
- Provide telephone, deskside and one-on-one support to all users of the firm’s networked systems, with emphasis on Microsoft Office applications, Document Management, pdf creation and editing, redlining and metadata scrubbing.
- Complete weekly floor walks.
- Work closely with the IT Support Services Manager and other IT staff members when seeking answers to complex questions and issues.
- Track and document user support issues in ticketing system.
- Monitor and follow-up on all assigned tickets, ensuring proper resolution, end-user contact and satisfaction meeting agreed upon SLAs.
- Responsible for all account creations, terminations and changes.
- Remain current with all network applications software/template/macro changes and enhancements.
- Participate in on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Participate in internal meetings with Support Desk Team discussing status of projects and current issues.
- Configure loaner laptop, wireless access and mobile devices for employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience within a technology repair environment, preferably within a law firm or professional services organization; Microsoft A+ certification; and HP printer and HP PC repair certification.
- Minimum 2 years of Support Desk experience in a professional services organization.
- Working knowledge of Desktop PC, laptops and tablets.
- In-depth experience and comfort level with replacing components with PCs including, but not limited to, memory, fan units, motherboards and power supplies.
- Working knowledge of all peripheral devices including, but not limited to, printers, monitors, scanners and projectors.
- Competency at performing PC and peripheral installations, configuring all such devices, performing repairs and conducting preventive maintenance.
- Versed and experienced in diagnosing end-user PC malfunctions due to missing OS drivers; ability to load those drivers.
- Working knowledge of networking, wired and wireless.
- Knowledge of running and troubleshooting videoconferencing equipment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (2013/2016/365) - Certification, a plus.
- Knowledge supporting Windows 10 OS, ChangePro, Metadact, Innova, Adobe, Nuance and Mimecast. Experience and/or knowledge of document management systems such as iManage and NetDocuments.
- Experience deploying agents to and troubleshooting iPhone, Blackberry and Android devices.
- Experience with multifactor authentication and use with Citrix XenDesktop and VPN connections.
- Ability to work extended hours in emergency situations and be available to work weekend and off-hours as required.
Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills combined with excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.
At Foley Hoag, we welcome, develop, and celebrate talented and diverse individuals in an innovative, mutually respectful, and intellectually rigorous community, and bring unique perspectives to collaborative teams that deliver exceptional advice and craft bespoke legal solutions for our clients and our world. Foley Hoag LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Foley Hoag LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws. We value each person for their talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.