April 26, 2022
The Support Technician provides onsite IT support to the attorneys and staff in the NY office of the firm; and works with the IT Department in the Boston office to resolve problems.
- Image PCs.
- Move PC equipment; swap internal components such as memory, hard drives, as needed.
- Troubleshoot hardware/software issues and work with Boston to resolve problems.
- Troubleshoot printing issues.
- Troubleshoot local network issues ranging from bad network cable to workstation connectivity, network switch malfunctions, and server failures.
- Move/maintain/lift server equipment out of/into racks for replacement and upgrades.
- Liaison between NY users and the IT Operations group in the Boston office when needed.
- Train users in the Foley core software applications, as required.
- Troubleshoot videoconferencing equipment.
- Coordinate any and all requirements for attorneys engaged in international travel.
- Provide document scanning training and support.
- Track and document support issues in ticketing system.
- Configure loaner laptop, wireless card and mobile devices for employees.
- Flexibility in work hours for system updates and reboots.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five years experience in a law firm or legal environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (2013/2016/365)
- Knowledge supporting all Windows operating systems, iManage, ChangePro, Metadact, Innova, Adobe, Nuance and Mimecast.
- Experience with Citrix XenDesktop
- Knowledge of running and troubleshooting videoconferencing equipment.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience