Support Technician - Washington, D.C.
May 22, 2019
Foley Hoag seeks a Support Technician provides onsite IT support to the attorneys and staff in the firm's Washington, D.C. office, and works with the IT Department in the Boston office to resolve problems.
- Image PCs.
- Move PC equipment; swap internal components such as memory, hard drives, as needed.
- Troubleshoot hardware/software issues and work with Boston to resolve problems.
- Troubleshoot printing issues.
- Troubleshoot local network issues ranging from bad network cable to workstation connectivity, network switch malfunctions, and server failures.
- Move/maintain/lift server equipment out of/into racks for replacement and upgrades.
- Liaison between DC users and the IT Operations group in the Boston office when needed.
- Train users in the Foley Hoag core software applications, as required.
- Troubleshoot videoconferencing equipment.
- Coordinate any and all requirements for attorneys engaged in international travel.
- Provide document scanning training and support.
- Track and document support issues in ticketing system.
- Configure loaner laptop, wireless card and mobile devices for employees.
- Flexibility in work hours for system updates and reboots.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five years experience in a law firm or legal environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (2013/2016/365).
- Knowledge supporting all Windows operating systems, OpenText, ChangePro, Metadact, Innova, Adobe, Nuance and Mimecast. Experience and/or knowledge of iManage a plus.
- Experience with Citrix XenDesktop.
- Knowledge of running and troubleshooting videoconferencing equipment.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.